Friday, February 10, 2012

Step One: Getting Rid of Harsh Chemicals

I was sitting in my psychology class when the professor brought up the subject of chemicals. In the past I have kind of dug my head in the sand when it comes to the potential dangers of chemicals. I thought "eh, these days everything is labeled as dangerous so what's the point of trying to be careful?" Also, all natural cleaners you buy in the store are SO expensive and the few I have tried really don't work well.

I stumbled on this a few months back....
http://www.macheesmo.com/2011/01/four-homemade-cleaners/

Last weekend I decided to give it a shot. I got all the materials and it took maybe 20 minutes to mix everything. These are seriously the best cleaners ever, much better even than the ones with tons of chemicals. I also made my own laundry detergent which came out amazing as well. The total cost for all the materials (including the stuff for the laundry detergent) was $30.00. And I estimate that I will have enough for at least 6 months, probably longer. SO much cheaper and safer.


No comments:

Post a Comment